Thursday, January 7, 2010

You Know it'll Last When You Meet on TV

People.com reports that Ronnie & Sammi Sweetheart are still together, and "it's serious." (J-)Wow(w), that's love!

Who would have thought Jersey Shore would be one of the more successful, long-term relationship matchmaking shows on TV?

Apocalypse now?

Nah, I mean, at least these fameballs are more real than anyone begging for attention on The Bachelor. Maybe Monday's rejects should apply for next season of JS? I mean, at the end of the day it's all practically the same (just a little bit tanner).

Although, for the record, I'm not watching The Bachelor. For me, it's like the ex-boyfriend who repeatedly lied to you, made you feel bad about yourself, toyed with your emotions, and ultimately let you down one time too many. The final straw was after couple #999,999 broke up the day after The Final Rose Ceremony aired, leaving me feeling like I had wasted the past two months of my life. (And, yes, obviously watching it no matter what the outcome is a fairly big waste...) After that, though, I swore I would never succumb to the temptation again. I know it will only lead to disappointment.

Luckily, though, I'm not totally out of the loop, and my friends update me on what I'm missing.

Current sentiments:

"Ugh it was painful...those girls are SOOO desperate..it made me sad! And they're our age mostly, which makes me scared. I mean there was this one girl who is SOOOO emotional, just about getting married and having kids and Jake being someone she could do that with...she's 25!"

Thanks, but no thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Also please note, Jake is the cheasiest one to date - the subtitle of this season is "On the Wings of Love." Vom.

    P.S.
    Have you seen "Conveyor Belt of Love"???

    ReplyDelete