Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Serena, Take Note

Okay, I understand that GG is just a show. Sort of. Except for when I see Chuck Bass in person. Speaking of which, it's been awhile, Ed, I think we're due for another run-in soon.

Anyway, reading about the recent death of Casey Johnson, heiress to Johnson & Johnson, worries me about our fictitious little UESider Serena Serena van der Woodsen.

Gawker helps point out Casey's similarities with Serena:
  • Raised from fabulous wealth in NYC
  • Received her first Chanel purse at a young age
  • Graduated from a tony Manhattan private school
And, the most eerie comparison:
  • Enrolled at Brown — only to drop out freshman year to intern for a queen bee publicist
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Serena, I refuse to let you end up with this same Grey Gardens fate. She's already headed down a similar path of destruction!  Writers, please intervene!

Yes I realize I'm worried about a TV character, but the show isn't returning until March 8, and my life is dull without it.



Also, just reading about Casey makes me sad. And glad that's not my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment