Monday, January 4, 2010

Please Remove My TSF Label

Token single friend (TSF): The role I've served in for the majority of time I've been in the city. IMO, I make a pretty good TSF - if I do say so myself - based on the number of dates I've been on (or been offered) through FoFs. Not shockingly, I even met J through my TSF status.

Before New York, though, I was on the opposite side: IAR Matchmaker. As I've mentioned approximately 1000 times, my mother is the queen of matching making (hello, Match.Mom) so it's no shock it's in my genes.

While I dated The College BF, I loved trying to set up his tons o' single friends with my friends. While I did have a few "successful" set-ups (in terms of people actually dating), none of ever proved to be that great, i.e. I don't expect to be invited to any weddings where they toast me at the rehearsal dinner. Yet, at least.

But while most people (at least those reading this) know I'm back IAR, the TSF label has been hard to shed. Maybe people have a hard time believing I'm capable of monogamy? I mean, I realize I did start a blog dedicated to guiding myself through dating, but it's not a whore blog. I have been in relationships before...

Okay enough ranting. The actual purpose of this post was to solicit single friends to allow me to play matchmaker. I'm sucha yenta. A Shiksa Yenta. Shiksenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment