Thursday, May 20, 2010

So It's Not Just That I'm Vain?

I'm going to be honest with you about something. I like to be the more attractive one in a relationship. Not that I am dating trolls or anything, but if I had to choose between a smokin' hot beautiful guy and a cute guy, I'd go with cutie any day of the week.

Why?

A) I'm vain and want people to focus on my beauty!

B) I have a feeling my insecurities (e.g. other pretty girls constantly hitting on him; wondering why he chose me) would get the best of me, making me a less-than-awesome version of myself. And no one wants that!

I've had this conversation with lots of ladies and most agreed. Who wants to be the girl that everyone wonders how she got with the Brad Pitt look alike? Thanks but no thanks.

Apparently, though, it's not just me and my friends. According to research reported on MSN yesterday:

- Men who were more attractive than their spouses were less supportive than men who were were equally matched or less attractive.

- Men and women tended to be more positive and happier when wives were more attractive than their husbands.

- Attractive men are more likely to attract women, which could make them less satisfied and less committed.

- Attractive women might not mind being better-looking because attractiveness might be less important long-term.

Just some food for thought. So, if you know any quasi-attractive guys, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. SO true. Who wants to contend with an ego that's bigger than my giant purse? No one!

    Less attractive men are the best because they appreciate you SO much more, and probably won't cheat on you because they feel lucky to be with someone so good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. men will cheat whether they are hot or not. it's all about what'd down there..

    ReplyDelete