Monday, May 24, 2010

Hawaii Trip: LOST & Hungry

Today Facebook was super boring because I don't give a dayum about LOST. C'mon where are the wedding photo albums I can judge and/or be jealous of? Where 'da cool updates about entertaining stuff. Nope, LOST, LOST, LOST.

Hoping to be relevant but holding myself back from posting some sort of faux-unny Tweet like, "So excited for the LOST finale so everyone shuts up!" here's a story for you:

In March 2009, God smiled down on me and plucked me from miserable New York post-winter coldness and dropped me off in Hawaii. Oh sweet glorious Hawaii. I'll be honest, up until this trip I didn't really get Hawaii. Like, yeah it seems cool and pretty, but so are lots of places.

Yeah, lots of third world countries. Hawaii is a U.S. state. And it's amazing. If it wasn't so far away from my fam, I would totally live there pretending to be a marine biologist.

Anyway, that was a tangent!

So my friends Lauren and Keaton and I were lucky enough to stay in a super sweet beach house on the North Shore with Lauren's friends from high school who had just moved there. He and his roommates could not have been more awesome or hospitable, which helped to make it the best vacation ever. I'll prob be on my honeymoon someday (hopefully) and be like, "Yeah this is cool and all, but it's no Hawaii, sucker!" But I assume whoever I marry will already know I'm this annoying and blissfully ignore me.

Okay back to the relevant point. So one day Lauren and I were walking down the (private, amazingly beautiful) beach when we saw a few bamboo structures and some other random belongings.

"What is this, a homeless shanty town?" we wondered. Until we saw the piece of the plane. WTF?

OMG WE'RE ON THE SET OF LOST!

I guess they were filming that day so none of the normal orange net barricades were up. So crazy/random to stumble on it like we were on the show. We went back the following day and took these pictures.




Pretty suweet, huh?

Anyway, to share one other important story about this trip, my roommate Ruby had given me Twilight to read while I was gone. I was not a Kool-aid drinker to put it mildly slash could barely finish it. This was possibly due to the fact that since I had met Ruby, every single breathe she spoke included the words: Twilight, Robert Pattinson, Ilovetwilightandrobertpattinson.

Name-checking celebrities crushes as real relationships is not acceptable anytime after 5th grade. [But it was fine then and JTT and I were super happy together in case you were wondering.]

So when you're 23 living in Manhattan it's unthinkably unacceptable. The entire time reading the book I kept picturing her giddy, nauseating excitement about the love story that would never happen to her. IAAB.

Plus, once I figured out the underlying theme, I was so over it:

"Maybe I love you? Maybe I'm hungry?"

Because, duh, that is my life.

Seriously, think about it. Edward loves Bella, but also wants to naush on her. Love and hunger could potentially be mistaken for one another? Yes, and it can be very confusing. For example, when you meet a cute guy and start planning your lives together only to realize that it's not so much that he's The One but more like you could use a snack!

It's just so simple yet so full of truth. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Twilight: Where a love story comes from a 120ish year old man falling in love with a 17 year old... umm gross?

    ReplyDelete