Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Potential Girl Crush

Who is Shallon Lester?

A girl who at the beginning of this Frisky Q&A I was sure I was going to hate. Shallon is about to star in a Downtown Girls, new MTV reality show about late 20-something ladies living in Manhattan. She's a writer. She's pretty. She's living the dream.

See, hate is an easy judgment to jump to.

But after reading her answers, I feel like she could be my new girl crush? Am I rushing things?

Listen to this though, maybe the best answers ever:

Q: Isn’t it awkward flirting with cameras there?
A: I am a woman with a purpose, Jessica. I love boys. I collect them as one collects Fabergé eggs. It wasn’t hard for me! I didn’t mind the cameras. It took my friends a while to get used to it.

Q: So what’s the current guy situation?
A: I was actually texting my friend to see if he would break up with the two boys that I’m dating because they’re just stupid. It’s not great. It’s not bad. I shouldn’t say it’s not great. Together, the two of them make an entire boy. I think dating in New York is like grocery shopping: you would love to just go one place and get everything you need, but you usually have to go [to] a bunch of places and get a little bit there and a little bit there and a little bit there. Sometimes I need five boys to make an entire satisfying experience. So that’s the situation I’m in now. But I think for the first time, I don’t feel like I need a guy. Like that obsessive need for attention and distraction and titillation.

Q: How do these guys you’re dating feel about the show coming out?
A: One is freaked out that I’m going to change and it’s going to portray me in a weird way. He’s only 24.

Q: Yeah, I have read about you and your fascination with younger guys!
A: I love younger guys!

Q: If you’re 27, then 24 isn’t even that young.
A: I’d go younger. Believe me, I’d go younger. The best boyfriend I had, I was 25 and he was 19. Best! Best boyfriend. They’re just so honest at that age. They don’t know yet that they can lie to women and f*** around and get away with it. They still feel obligated to be honest. They have better bodies by default. They’re so excited to see you naked. There’s just so many things! The other guy I’m dating, he’s older. He’s 29. He’s a little self-congratulatory. So I’m, like, all right.

Hahahha. Oh Shallon, you boy crazy cougar. What's not to like? Hope you don't turn out to be terrible a la everyone on the Hills ever.

1 comment:

  1. i saw the previews for this show! i wasn't planning on tuning in but she sounds pretty sassy. i will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete