Monday, August 2, 2010

Our New Spot

Big news. I think I've found The One.

No, I'm not talking about a guy. I'm talking about a bar.

The BFF and I have never had a place where we're regulars. We decided we needed to change that since there are a few good options within a block or two of our apartment. No not the creepy Tiki bar Otto's Shrunken Head.

But we found the place. Maybe we're rushing into it - I mean, technically, we've only been there twice - but sometimes you just get a feeling, ya know?

Each both times we've been there, we've met some interesting people, including a 60 year old Latin American man wearing a matching white linen shirt and pants, who told us crazy stories about how everyone thought he was gay but now he's married. I was not sold on this being the truth.

The best part about the company, though? That company includes dogs! We're hoping the pet interaction will temper our desire to get one of our own. Or maybe it'll make it even worse. Maybe we got a dog this weekend. GOSH, JOKING, MOM.

Anyway, on Friday night we went there for happy hour with one of my college BFFs who came in town for my bday. In addition to there being a few cute guys, there was also a hilarious-looking French bulldog in our presence. If you know me, then you know that's my favorite city dog. Why?

A) They're small enough you can pick them up if they refuse to walk - a frequent occurrence during our dog sitting days with Daisy (The BFF and I miss her!); B) they're more legitimately-statured than little fluffy purse dogs; C) and they look like hilarious alien babies. Hilarious!

So needless to say I was excited. The Frenchie had a big spot on its back and one on its eye. The BFF approached its owner and said, "So your dog's name is Spot?" The owner was confused. She tried to clarify again. He then informed her that his dog's name was LuLu. The BFF was totally perplexed. But she's covered in spots?!

So of course, now to us, this dog's name will forever be Spot. And, crazily since Friday evening, I've seen Spot twice outside walking! I love making friends at our bar!

P dot S: As sort of a social experiment, I gave the blog address to a random guy I met there. He had texted me, and since somehow the blog had come up in conversation, I responded with the note: "If you read this and don't think I'm funny then you probably won't like me in real life." I have not heard from him. Maybe it's a good way to weed people out, maybe it's way too agressive? We shall see. But either way, it's efficient.

1 comment:

  1. Spot is a good dog name, short and simple. Here are other good dog names:
    Dog names

    ReplyDelete