Monday, August 16, 2010

Newsfeed: Thx For Rubbing My Nose In It!

Gah. It's finally happened. My "One Before The One" fate has been sealed. Last week The College BF proposed to the girl he met soon after I left. Mind you, this event took place during my random Cali trip. Ah the irony of juxtaposition. While he's busy turning into an adult, I'm off visiting a chronic man-child in Never Land's West Coast Annex. Fantastic!

http://s59.photobucket.com/home/christinarensch
Then, to top off my single self-pity, this weekend jolly ol' FB announced the World's Biggest Douchebag (WBDB) from my Hampton's summer share days of '08 - and first catylst for NYC CGS - got engaged to the girl he ended up hooking up with that summer.

In both cases, I’m not surprised. Mostly indifferent. Mildly weirded out, yes. And definitely not going to go so far as saying I’m happy for them (primarily due to my current spinster status). But not upset.

Witnessing everyone around you (via The Internet) get engaged is strange.

[Will blame some of this post's grumpiness on the fact I've been sick and it's Monday. Wah wah poor me.]

2 comments:

  1. you are kidding me! what are the chances?

    glad you have a sense of humor about it :) hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete