Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to The BFF

If you hadn't picked up on it yet, August is a big birthday month in my life. And now it's The BFF's turn to celebrate.

In her honor, I tried to find the perfect way to express my feelings. Then it clicked. A poem.

I can't imagine
my world without you.

I can't imagine
not having your arms to hold me close (We're not very touchy-feely.)
or your sweet smile
to brighten my days. (Sometimes.)

I can't imagine life without
our secret jokes,
your tender kiss,  (Sorry, no.)
our loving words whispered
long into the night.  (More like you coming in to tell me funny things you read on D-Listed.)

You are a part
of all the hopes and dreams
I hold closest to my heart. (Especially the ones where we marry hot, rich twins.)

I believe my heart
has always known
that I would find you
and I would love you... (As a sister, not a lover.)

I can't imagine my world
without your love. (Again, platonic.)

I feel like I've loved you all my life. (See above.)

Okay, so maybe recycling the completely overwhelmingly awkward card a guy gave me for my birthday in high school after knowing me for one week wasn't the best choice. (Yes I have the actual card with me, I had to bring it from Austin. It's too hilarious, especially since it's double-layered and from Hallmark. Because he cared enough "to send the very best.")

Let's try this again.
Humor me. Someecards.com let's you create your own cards.
That's really more of a gift for the world. I am musically-challenged.
Def going to hell for that one.
Happy birthday! Can't wait to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment