Friday, August 20, 2010

Product Review: Best Eye Lash Curler Ever

Do you have a friend who is sort of your beauty messiah, e.g. she always chooses the best products that you inevitably become a super fan of?

I do. Her name is Mary. Sometimes we call her Show Pony. Thanks to her and her long blond "mane," we used to get quite a few rounds of free drinks in college on 6th street. Ahh those were the days. Even if they weren't free, they still would have been $2. Sigh. Affordable nostalgia.

Where was I? Oh right. Mary has turned many a skeptics into a Bare Minerals believers. I, the least loyal consumer ever, have been using it - and loving it - for four years. Yes, that is my longest relationship to date. I think that means something.

The other great thing she's turned me onto is the Shu Uemura eye lash curler. Girl, it is amazing. This week I had to buy a new one and figured I might as well spread the word.

Without seeing the before pictures of my beady little eyes, you might not be able to understand why a $19 eye lash curler is worth it, but it sooooo is. I promise. (This coming from this most cripplingly frugal person ever.)

Anyway, awhile back I read that the company was discontinuing selling its products in the US. The Sephora sales girl I asked said she didn't know what was up with that, so act fast.

Clearly I'm not known for reviewing beauty products left and right - I've only done it once - but hopefully I can open someone's eyes to this great find. (Yes, I do love to make "dad jokes." It's part of my charm, or something.)

Not to get your hopes up, but it might change your life.

[No I was not compensated for this post. Yes, I wish I was.]

No comments:

Post a Comment