Friday, August 13, 2010

I Might Have Flippers, But You Should Totally Call Me!

Ahhh, so many ideas are good in theory. This new dating tool is one of them.

"Flip Me" is a service that provides users with a stack of cards to hand out to randoms. The cards then refer the person to flipmedating.com. There she or he enters the "Flipper's" ID and code from the card. You can exchange messages, get to know each other, plan your wedding, etc.

As much as I've complained about the roadblocks in picking up guys, you'd think this would be something I'd be all about.

False.

Reason 1: The name "Flipper" is so awkward. What are we, dolphins or something? No, just no.

Reason 2: This video below showing a woman testing out the system makes me muy uncomfortable. In the time you explain what the hell is going on, you could have just introduced yourself. [Even more hilarious, she's picking up guys at Crunch, my gym! And the 2nd guy she meets there - around the 2 min mark - I KNOW. AHHAHAHA. I die.]



It should be noted, though, that the woman looks pretty dayum good for 36. Kudos to her.

2 comments:

  1. My cousin's name is Flipper. I'm. not. kidding. It's just what happens when you're family is from Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy standing in the background by himself, texting, in the first shot, needs Flipper.... just saying...

    ReplyDelete