Monday, August 23, 2010

If You Blog It, They Will Come

Don't we look so classy and grown up?
The BFF, getting so wise in her old age, predicted the future.

After complaining about my lack of fall dating roster candidates, she promised that I would meet someone at her birthday party.

More like three people. Playa playa indeed.

The party itself was a success. The bar - Ten Degrees - had a private backroom that was perfect.

It also had a perfect owner/guardian of the backroom. Soon after we got there, he kicked out a group of (unattractive) guys who snuck past him.

I thanked him for his watchful eye, but also told him that if any attractive guys came back there, to let them stay. You know, to make sure the ratio was in our favor.

Me and The BFF with Wes, the only NYC roommie
we haven't hated. Isn't he precious?
No more than five minutes later, two cute guys wandered in, followed by the owner. I gave him an inconspicuous head nod to signal they were fine.

Great choice. Turns out the guys were super nice, a good addition in their own right, plus they ended up having a few other friends come meet them later.

Enter in Guy #1 and Guy #2. Guy #1 got my digits, texted AND called me later that night. I'm not interested, but it's the thought that counts.

During this phone number exchange, I sassily lamented to Guy #2 that he wasn't as aggressive as his friend. Turns out Guy #2 randomly went to the same high school as two of my friends at the party. Oh this small world in which we live!

Through one of them, he found me on FB the next morning at 8 a.m. From there we exchanged a few witty banter FB messages and texts. We hung out twice this weekend. We're probably getting married next week.

Unless things work out with Guy #3. I thought I had run through all of the quality FoF candidates but nope, one more was hiding!

Speaking of hiding, that's what The BFF did with the last wing from our shameful Kenney's post-party stop. Because "she knew I would eat it if she didn't." Valid reason.

Taking a Hook 'Em picture when only a small fraction of the
group are Longhorns is hilarious and awkward.
[Yeah, I know, it's getting ridiculous. Clearly that contract I wrote had about as much validity and was taken as seriously as a celebrity marriage license. The BFF and I joked about how we should cerimoniously burn it, but then we remembered there's already been one fire on our street this year. If you're so concerned about our late night fried chicken binging you should probably start planning an intervention. I mean, that's what a real friend would do. Or join in sometime. Either way.]

Oh what a night. I just love birthdays.

P dot S: Since no birthday is complete without some sort of hilarious text exchange, I have to share the best text sent in the history of text messaging: 

After The BFF's ex boyfriend sent her a sort of asshole/too cool for school birthday text that began with "hey chica" - I mean really, no guy ever needs to utter (or type) those words - she responded with "I am horrified by your shit."

No, I don't exactly know what that means - and I don't really think she even knew - but it's a pretty fantastic, six-word summation of the truth. 

Me and my Chica. JOKING GOSH.

1 comment: