Friday, April 29, 2011

All Our Disney Princess Dreams Came True This Morning

Last night I went to the opening of the new Pop Burger off-shoot Pop Pub where I ran into a guy who for a brief second I had a crush on. (Things were mildly awkward and only partially due to the fact he and his roommates read the blog post). He asked if he could maybe call me later. My response: No, sorry, I'm going to bed so I'm well-rested for the royal wedding tomorrow.

We all have our priorities. He is not one of them.

At 5:30am The BFF crawled into bed with me and we started the Best Morning Ever. Besides for the annoying commentary (doesn't matter what channel, 4 Americans + 1 Brit = annoying), the whole thing was just as we hoped it would be: Disney Princess-worthy.

Kate looked stunning. Pippa looked stunning. Harry looked smokin' hot (man I love him). Camilla looked good (is it just me, or is she kind of awesome?). The hats were amazing (can we pu-lease start wearing them to weddings?). But really, the Queen couldn't find something with a little more flair?

There were parts where we cried. There were parts where we made judgmental comments (duh). There were parts where we shouted, "OMG WHO ARE ALL THOSE HOTTIES SEATED IN THAT SECTION?!?!" You know what I'm talking about, right? Seriously like 10 hot guys! What I would kill to be single at that reception...

Anyway, the best part, I think is summed up here:


Just that knowing, loving look followed by his cute double-glance and her confident smile. Love it. Lifetime couldn't have written this fairy tale ending any better.

Cheers to the happy couple.

(And to the amazing weather in NYC and the fact it's Friday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment