Friday, April 15, 2011

The Best (Internet) Love Story Ever

So awhile ago I found this blog - which I automatically liked because, duh, her name is Rachel and she spells it the normal way - and then I read some posts and was like wow I would totally want to be her friend in real life. 

Then I started reading more and found out she moved to Texas (Houston to be exact) for a guy she met. Today is the one year anniversary of them knowing each other. And tomorrow will be the day they sign their lease together.

Having been convinced not once but twice in the past year that some random across the country was my soulmate only to find out that not one but two of them are morons, you'd think I'd have become totally jaded. But in fact, stuff like this - and my not-so-secret habit of reading the New York Times Vows section each weekend - keeps me full of hope.

(And this story probably keeps my mother full of hope that I will fall in love with some guy from Texas and move home.)

(Unrelated, but just another opportunity to make a parenthetical aside, my friend M just gchatted me that she has not one but two pictures of me saved on her desktop that she sent to the guy she's seeing for him to send to his friend. Of course that is the best news I've heard all day. Besides the story above.)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I'm so happy my Internet love story could inspire you like this! BTW -- how did M's bf's friend work out? Are you now g-chatting your way to love too!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moron #1 will be in town for a week starting tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete