Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Girl Talk

As I've mentioned, I've been blessed with quite a few great girl friends, especially a new group of dinner buddies brought together by my former blogger-turned-real-life-friend Elle. And besides for the fact that most times when I see them I spend money I don't need to spend on a ton of unnecessary calories, getting together is one of the highlights of my week.

Last Wednesday in an effort to save some dinero, I invited over the girls for a dinner of mushroom mac n' cheese and turkey meatballs. (And tons of dessert, which those biatches left for me to attempt to avoid the next day. Fail.)

In addition to being great company, everyone always has hilarious stories to tell. (And they know that whatever they decide to share is fair game blogging fodder.)

My pick for story of the week:

One girl had met a guy at a party, and after they had both left, he texted her to meet back up. Conveniently he was in her neighborhood so she figured what the hell and invited him over. (PSA: Inviting randoms to your apartment is never the smartest idea. Mostly due to the high probability you will want him to leave way sooner than he realizes.) The next morning, mid-make out sesh, he asked her if she knew that her college alma mater was associated with the Presbyterian church. No, she didnt know that, leading to the following rant:

"What, does that mean you don't believe in God? My dad is a preacher. I don't know how we can date if you aren't religious. I mean, what's the point? Then we can't get married. Because how would we raise our kids???"

I'm not even kidding. And please keep in mind this is all being said while he's trying to get in her pants. I mean, what would their kids think?!?

Oh, and to top off his weird religious-man-whore-hypocrisy, when he was walking out, he stopped in front of some of her fridge to admire her pictures. Do you have any of you in a bikini? Those are so hot.

CGS 2.0: Crazy guy syndrome. If dating didn't make for such great stories to entertain our friends, I'd be so over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment