Friday, April 22, 2011

Wanted: (Temporary) New BFF

Clearly one perk of having a blog is to use it to your advantage. Like in terms of ending things with guys. Or when your roommate needs a favor.

For instance, for six weeks she's looking for someone to sublease her room. After talking about going back to grad school, The BFF is finally pulling the trigger. And to really get back into the student mindset, she's taking an extended summer vacay to Lebanon like she's done in years past. Aka abandoning me.

But due to the interesting (read: zero privacy) living situation we call home, there are some strict stipulations. Aka way way way more thorough vetting process than what allowed us to live with two psychos in the past. Craig and his damn list can suck it.

This sitch would be ideal for someone coming to NYC for a summer internship or someone moving here who needs a place to stay while looking for something permanent (You really have no idea how long that process can take and friends' generosity usually ends after two weeks.)

Pros:
- The price is far more reasonable than most dorms or apartments (I can give you specifics if you email me)
- East Village, convenient location (to great late-night dining)
- Top floor walk-up (might sound like a con, but you will leave with the nicest a$$ ever)
- Living with me. Duh.

Cons:
- None That damn bicycle blocking the hallway

The specifics: 
- End of June - end of July
- One half of a (very unprivate) two-room studio, decorated cutely

Qualifications:
- Someone who is female
- Someone who is a non-psycho
- Someone who will not bring guys home (again, no privacy, welcome to my world)
- Someone who will not be home all the time (unless you want to watch 40 hours of Food Network and Bravo per week with me in which case, welcome to my world)
- Someone who is really quiet when they come home late. Unless I've gone out with them, in which the neighbors below me who throw parties every time I am trying to nap and/or sleep can get a taste of their own medicine, bwahaha
- Someone who does not buy snacks
- Someone who cleans up after themselves. And will also occasionally clean up after others, because I'm sorry, I'm not perfect.
- Someone who is my size with cute clothes and a generous nature
- Someone who thinks I am really cool

Obviously there are a lot of candidates out there who meet these specifications. Let me know if you're one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment