Monday, April 11, 2011

Brunches and Birthdays Make For Good Weekends

Sweet, glorious Sun!!! Shut up everyone
in Texas reading this. Let me be excited.
After two days in sunny Miami for work, I left on Friday evening depressed. Unfortunately I hadn't been able to convince any friends to fly down to meet me, and there was no way I was going to stay on my own. Solo Rachel + South Beach = Sketchtastic.

Luckily I came home to find my devoted wife waiting for me with a DVR'd BBC special about the upcoming Royal Wedding. Cha-ching. We are obsessed with Kate Middleton. We really want to take the Big Day off work to celebrate. That's normal, right?

Thank goodness Saturday was a beautiful day, because had it been rainy and cold, you'd probably have to stop reading this post because the bitterness level would be intolerable. After a fun brunch with a friend and her sis, I strolled around the city enjoying a day of leisurely shopping.

That is until I got the sadistic idea to combine two of my least favorite activities: Waiting in super long lines and trying on jeans. When you're trying to lose weight, there is no reason to ever put yourself through that. If you buy them a size small as an incentive to slim down, you are obviously jinxing yourself and will only get fatter. If you buy them in your new Fat Size, then you have no incentive to lose weight because, hey, my pants fit!
Late bloomers:
Better late than never, Spring

I left empty handed. It was better that way. (Plus I saw an obese girl in leggings and I was all, oooh good idea!)

Later that night I went to a friend's birthday party where I made a new girl crush (hi!), followed by meeting up with my friend M at a UVA/Ole Miss birthday extravaganza.

This party was the perfect example of how sometimes New York is so college - more so at places like Fontana's - and the next thing you know, everyone and their mother is Southern and cute. I mean, it's great to run into old friends (especially when they make your night by saying they like The Guide!), but in terms of meeting guys, it totally ruins my game.

But it was fine, because to round out the weekend, I went to brunch with  my new interest TK (who I decided needed a name and aren't those just presh initials?) at one of my fav neighborhood places, Momofuku Ssam Bar. I was in a really decisive mood (read: bossy) and he even let me order for us. Sigh. Then he told me that he's going to be out of town the next two weeks, and as you know, vacays are total potential relationship killers. If I wasn't the most impatient (read: fickle) girl in the world, I'd have some hope. But it's me...so we shall see.

...Although I'd almost prefer to just get over any potential feelings I could have for him before I start to miss him. Because that seems like a lot of work. And after a fun weekend, I'm really quite exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment