Sunday, April 3, 2011

Freed From Solitary Confinement For Good Behavior

I was in a horrible mood all week. Granted during this time I ate body's weight in chocolate from the office snack drawer and got all teary-eyed at any commercial featuring a puppy, baby or old person, but it wasn't just my inner-crazy getting the best of me.

A lot of things have been out of my control lately, and it's killing me. No one thing too terrible by any means, I've just been stressed with all of life's headaches, e.g. where the hell does all my money go. Plus work has been busy, and OMG it snowed on the first day of April. (Why yes the weather bitchery continues!)

As you can imagine, stumbling on a 40+ picture FB album of my ex and his new girlfriend having a lovely vacation in Aruba did not help. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him, and it's good that he finally broke out of his chronic man-child commitment phobia. But I will not lie and say I'm happy that I've been stuck single in the land of endless winter.

So thanks to all the factors compounding on top of one another, everything inside of me finally reached a breaking point on Friday. During a gchat convo with The BFF, I lost it. I said some horrible things for no good reason. And that was when I decided I needed some alone time.

A self-imposed social exile, if you will.

After leaving work (2 hours later than I'd hoped due to finishing a last minute project, really helped the mood, obv) I went to the gym, where I did my best to ignore my friendAn hour of cardio later, I was at home cooking dinner and watching Ghostbusters on TV. Big night.

[Sidenote: The movie really made me curious about something: Has anyone heard anything about Rick Moranis lately? I miss that guy. Also, a thought: They should totally make Honey, I Shrunk the Grandkids. Instant hit.]

So anyway, after ten sold hours of sleep, I was a new person. Actually I was more of new old person, considering how excited I was to wake up early on a Saturday morning to run errands and go to Pilates.

While I was out, I also picked up some daffodils for The BFF as a "I'm sorry I was such a C U Next Tuesday" peace offering. (Fresh flowers are the best, cough cough hint hint I'm just saying.)

My stint in solitary confinement ended with me picking up the best Vietenemese bahn mi sandwich from Baoguette and eating it in Madison Square Park, walking around in the sunshine and treating myself to a little 16 Handles frozen yogurt.

It was the perfect cure for the blues and helped to salvage the weekend. Although I should also give due credit to the warmer weather and another fun date with that guy...

[Who now is aware of the fact that I have a blog. (Figured it wasn't worth risking another random's hate-filled text rant.) He seemed to take it well. We shall see.]

No comments:

Post a Comment