Saturday, July 10, 2010

What Lebron's Decision Teaches Us

New York is mourning a loss of awesomeness this weekend. Well, I guess technically potential awesomeness.

The BFF and I are no exceptions. We both have a case of Bron Bron fever. Now that he's made his decision, though, we're looking into curing it. I heard the prescription might be more cowbell.

Anyway, it came down to three choices for King James: Cleveland, New York and Miami. If he stayed with the status quo Cavs, it would have been about as exciting as Megan Fox getting back together with Brian Austin Green.

But Lebron was ready to move on. He had done all he could in Cleveland. He's ready for World Domination. But he knew he couldn't do it alone. Sports is all about teamwork. (Most cliché thing I've ever written.)

Going to the Knicks would have provided some support, but Lebron had his eyes set on Miami and playing with Chris Bosh and D-Wade. Who could turn that down?  Especially if they're offering $110 million and no state income tax. (Plus I hear there is a high quota of fun, attractive people in South Beach. Not like Lebron would care about that, obv, because it's all about the game.)

Bron Bron's decision proves, though, that combining your talents with others' can reap more success than what you could do on your own. I think that sometimes our generation's innate selfishness (possibly due to the competitive schooling we were raised with) might cause us to think more in terms of 'me' instead of 'we.'

I'm sorry, I can't seem to turn off the tap on this geyser of cliché insight today. Kind of like the oil spill. Too soon?

But if you find a team as strong as what Lebron has found in Miami - whether it manifests through power couple status, best-friendship, or partnership - then you too can join the list of those waiting for their chance at World Domination.

The BFF and I will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment