Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Blog

A year ago today I published my first post. The fact that the Guide to Menhattan is still alive and regularly updated proves my capacity for responsibility. Cough cough am I ready for a dog? Gosh, JOKING, MOM.

Now that it's a regular part of my life, it's been a little weird being single again. A friend asked me if I would tell guys I date about it. Yes and no.

Yes because I'm lazy and if someone wants to get to know me, it's a pretty easy way. If you don't like the blog, then chances are you prob won't like me. And no, because up until now, it really hasn't been an issue. I'm still hibernating in the 'Dating Seems Like a Lot of Work' phase. Not telling a guy would require having someone not to tell.

For the most part, though, the guys I have hung out with already knew about the blog. And all ask the same thing: "When are you going to blog about me?"

Maybe that says something about the male company I keep? Smiley face emoticon.

So have I gotten any smarter in the past year? Figured out my life anymore? Nah. But it's been fun.

Here are some of my top personal faves (in no particular order):
Anyway, thanks for reading. Thanks for spreading the word. Thanks for leaving comments.

Cheers!
Rach
(or Rach Face if you knew me in college)

1 comment: