Sunday, July 18, 2010

Everyone's a Comedian

Last night I went to a comedy show and met Judah Friedlander. He's on 30 Rock in case you don't care. If you are keeping tracking, he is the third cast member I have met. Luckily I kept my shiz together and didn't make things too awkward. I informed him he was the only quasi-famous person I follow on Twitter who I've ever met in real life. Obviously he was super excited to learn this fun fact. I was more excited that not even one awkward giggle escaped my mouth during this interaction. I think all this is really good practice in case I ever meet Tina Fey and must act like a competent human being. (It would all go out the window in .5 seconds, obv.)

The entire line-up was pretty hilarious. And since The BFF and I are sassy and two drink minimums at 11pm don't really downplay that, afterward we made friends with the show's host. Actually, we technically met him before the show when I accused him and another comedian of being line cutters. There are few things I'm morally opposed to enough in our society to interject about, but included on that short list are people who cut in front of me.

Luckily the guys weren't too offended.

Plus The BFF made sure to upstage me later when, during the show, she heckled someone else in the audience who had been chosen to provide her opinion on the host's observation about cage fighting or something. For starters, this girl was super annoying. And also a very self-impressed But Her Face. So she might have deserved it.

I'm not exactly sure what prompted The BFF to scream out, "Shut up, Lohan" but it was probably one of the funniest instances of The BFF's verbal smackdown on strangers I've witnessed in our almost 15 year friendship.

What can I say, IAAB and so is she.

No comments:

Post a Comment