Friday, April 2, 2010

Very Exciting News Update

If you haven't heard about my Very Exciting News from yesterday, read about it here first.

Read about it? All excited to see my puppy's life documented on this very blog?

Well, sorry to break it to you, but ...APRIL FOOL'S.

And, also, FML. Seriously, lots of people  - including myself  - were super pumped about this idea! Like voicemail-leaving, gchat convo-starting excited. I hate that I made it up.

April Fool's pranks are mostly stupid and sometimes hurtful. This was both. I wasn't going to put anything up for it - mostly because lots of typical jokes (e.g. "I'm preggers! or "I got fired!") are things that are muy awkward - and if you joke about them, you're totally jinxing yourself.

So if I've somehow managed to jinx myself into ending up with a Frenchie puppy, wahooooo! Bring it on Karma.

P dot S: I emailed my mom yesterday telling her to check out the blog. She responded with a fairly supportive email welcoming Eloise into the family (although she did make note of the extreme fiscal responsibility and long-term commitment). I told her I was joking this time but appreciated her future support in this endeavor. Bwahaha.

P dot S 2: J is no so happy with me for this. Actually, "I was just online looking to buy gifts for her. I HATE YOU," were his exact words.

I feel kind of bad, though, because this is the second puppy prank he's fallen for. Before he came home for summer break after his freshman year of college, his parents told him they'd just bought a lab puppy. He went to a store and bought it toys... He told everyone that he was going to spend his summer playing with it...He was already attached...

When he got home, he was so excited. His parents told him it was in the living room.

"Where is it?" he asked. "It's right there," they said, pointing to a statue. "We named it Stoney."

Clearly that didn't go over so well with poor J. His parents felt bad because they didn't realize they'd tricked him so well.

Awwwww.

I think he deserves a puppy to make up for all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment