Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Routine

The BFF knows that I'm here to serve as her Wingman of Honor whenever she needs me. It's a duty that I've expected her to fulfill for me before too.  Wingman of Honor, as you probably guessed, is the precursor to someday becoming someone's Maid of Honor (or it better be at least!), and requires that one of us show up to assist the other whenever she is in need. And it doesn't even demand buying a special dress. (Although I'm totally in the mood to hit up J.Crew, so I would be willing to consider...)

Whether it's in the hope of one of us meeting a guy or just attending a social function where it's nice to have a compadre, serving in this duty is way easier for us considering The BFF and I have our routine down pat.

Do not ever underestimate the charming capabilities of a lil' ol' story like this:

Hi I'm Rachel. This is The BFF. We moved here from Texas together! We've been friends since middle school! We lived together freshman year of college and we still live together now! Isn't that special?!

This story is obviously told with the two of us finishing each other's sentences like an old married couple and sprinkling in random anecdotes along the way (adventure tales vary depending on the crowd).

I don't know what it is about our enduring friendship and the Living the Dream move to New York, but people (guys especially) eat that crap up like late-night leftovers.

Seriously, it's an attention goldmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment