Thursday, March 1, 2012

Make Everything Better

Shortly after moving to New York, I - a young, naive girl Southern girl - tried something I'd never considered trying before. Sure I'd seen it, but I always stayed away. It wasn't for me, I'd tell myself, I'm not that kind of person. But then one day, I realized what's the purpose of life if you don't live it up every once in awhile? So one day, I made up my mind. I'm going to try it.


And that's the story of my first time with an "Everything Bagel." It was love at first bite. I'm never going back. Something about that combination of crunchy toasted poppy and sesame seeds, garlic flakes, and salt that just made me keep coming back for more.

Anyway, it has never occurred to me that this same concoction could actually be a pretty stellar topping for tons more things than just bagels, until I found this Everything Biscuit recipe on Pinterest. Since I was cooking dinner for a group of people that night, it was the perfect time to try it.

Now that I have all the ingredients on hand, I've been on a mission to make use of them. The other day I looked in the freezer and spotted a bag of frozen broccoli florets.

Perfect.

After steaming the broccoli, I added a little butter and stirred in about a tablespoon of toppings. The end result? Delicious.

I know, I'm wild for living it up with my Everything Broccoli, but I highly recommend you do it too. Peer pressure!!!

1 comment:

  1. Feast your eyes on the 4th item under "Features."

    http://www.hibiscusdallas.com/food_menu.asp

    ReplyDelete