Monday, March 26, 2012

Ski-cation

It is so warm! In some slushy spots it's like you're water skiing! Snater skiing (snow + water)?




My body is killing me, it seems I've inherited my father's persnickety feet when it comes to ski boot comfort (as in I must vice grip my ankles to feel secure), and I have a cold I can't shake.

But that doesn't mean I'm not having fun though! Granted the icy black diamond on the steepest part of the mountain that we went on first thing this morning wasn't necessarily the highlight of the trip by any means, although nothing like a little family ass kicking on the slopes to bring us together.

Having not been included in a family vacation since high school, I'm enjoying the quality time with the parental unit (although not having my brothers here reminds me how, uh, interesting being an only child would have been). I even got to see Shawn's parents since they were in town too!

Tomorrow is my last day skiing for the season, then it's back to Denver for a few days and then on to Austin where I will remind my parents how much they've enjoyed having me around and taking care of me. Because really, it is embarrassing how easily I've accustomed to do nothing.

Well, that's a lie, I've been working hard skiing! And I've worked a 1,000 piece puzzle! So really, it's like I could almost use a vacation from this vacation...

You're right, I am the worst.

1 comment: