Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh By The Way


I'm sort of in an international long-distance relationship. 

For a girl who used to refuse to date guys who lived in Brooklyn because it was "too far away," I don't know how this happened either. 

Well, I do. 

Spiros, aka The Greek, is genuine. Everything he's promised, he's lived up to. He's the real deal. 

And he came to visit. For ten days. 

To be honest, I was beyond freaked out by how long that was. I mean, it's a lot of time to spend with anyone. (Just ask my mother how I do after about day five, typically.) 

Plus try looking attractive for that many consecutive days. Especially coming off 30 days of non-showering, sweat-pant wearing, and leg-hair growing. Sexy!

But it was perfect. So, so perfect. 

The only time I got even remotely annoyed with him was when he made a disparaging comment about Kate Middleton. 

Apparently the better part of a decade he spent living in Jolly Ol' England didn't leave him with a fondness for the Royals. Don't worry, I set him straight about Kate! ("SHE DID HER OWN MAKEUP FOR THE WEDDING!!!!")

Going to university there also left him speaking British English. My favorite thing to say to him is, "Are we still speaking the same language?" As you can imagine, much hilarity ensues.

Except for when I'm hungry. But luckily Spiros is a smart guy. "Do you need to have a snack so you don't get angry later?" 

Anyway, the two of us spent a few days exploring Denver, soaking up the early Spring weather, and even making a stop at another aquarium together before we headed to Steamboat to ski. 

Did I mention Spiros learned to ski for me? 

More on everything later. 

This is just to say: I am happy. 

PS: According to the profesh photographers, the two of us make a very "Hollywood" couple, whatever that means. (I assume it means "We are trying to butter you up so you pay ridiculous amounts of money for these pictures" but I don't care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment