Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Art (And Complimentary Upgrade) Appreciation

Following our sojourn to Steamboat, Spiros and I spent a final fun 24 hours together in Denver before he had to fly home (sad face). Since we returned to The Oxford Hotel, they were nice enough to give us a complimentary upgrade to a Presidential Suite. There is nothing I like more than a little refined elegance in a hotel room, let me tell you.


One thing, however, I was less appreciative of was the 7 a.m. wake up parade of bag-pipers directly below our window (the Sunday we sprang forward, mind you) as part of some pre-St. Patty's Day 5K.

Anyway, once I ate enough room service tuaca banana baguette french toast to sedate me over this aggression, we decided to make the most of our last day together and check out the Denver Art Museum.

Although I know little to nothing about art besides "Oh pretty!" or "Oh weird!" or "Oh a small child could have done that!", I still really liked the place.

 
  
 
If you ever make it to Denver, you should check it out! Or perhaps just skimming over this post was enough culture for you. (I can't judge you, I never go to museums. This post is for posterity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment