Monday, August 1, 2011

It's My Birthday

I've had a lot of birthdays over the years. Twenty-six to be exact. Some were better than others. Like the time I had a troll doll party in first grade (my mother is the queen of homemade theme parties; it ruled). Or last year when two of my best college pals joined me in NYC. Talk about living the dream. (Actually the year prior I literally lived the dream [insert awesome story about the hottest guy you've ever imagined here]. If we aren't related or we've never dated, I'll tell you about it after a glass or two of wine. Who am I kidding. Sober Rachel loves to brag. Call me up any time.)

Some, however, have been less amazing. Especially the few where I've been away from friends and family. What's the point really of celebrating? That was a bit how this birthday has been. Granted I had a ball with friends before I left and my sweet family did their best to make sure I felt "special" while I was away. But to be honest, I was sort of "over it" by the time I got here. Monday birthdays suck in general. "First day of work at a foreign company where you have no computer access" Monday birthdays are the worst, I soon found out.

No, I'm being a baby. It was fine. I was taken out for a delicious meal and a few glasses of wine, but it was no troll party. Or night out on 6th Street. Or bottle service in MPD. Or dinner with my besties.

And it just makes me appreciate all the other years and all the other memories. Thanks to those who are so important in my life for making me feel special so far away. xoxo

Since this is basically what I currently look like hence no pics, here are a few of my faves from the past few years (God bless FB archives):

Last year. What the hell am I doing to that elephant?

Me and The BFF circa 2009.

21st bday. Clearly I was a real treat to be around.
And last but not least, Vintage Birthday Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment