Saturday, August 6, 2011

Good Thing I'm Pretty

(That title is actually a joke. I've lost my looks. Also I didn't bring my Chi with me because last time I was in Europe it wouldn't work, and I haven't bothered to buy a straightner here yet. Having an out of control humidity fro is not helping matters.)

Anyway, the point is, I'm an idiot. Sometimes I do things and I'm all dude, what is wrong with you, we've been over this!?!? For example, on Friday, when I shut my door (locks automatically) I started my typical five minute search for my keys to lock the deadbolt, which per usual entailed me removing every article from my Longchamp - the black hole of purses,  - to realize I had in fact left my keys inside. I blame the fact that the night before I was caught in a torrential downpour and was a wet mess when I came inside frantically throwing down everything in my hands to take care of my sopping shoes and umbrella.

That's when it hit me, Those little bastards are on my kitchen table. I just know it. 

Anyway, I came to work and had to fess up to my client. Because clearly I am not capable of interacting with a German locksmith on my own behalf. And she was great. "Shit happens."

Yes, so wise. And so helpful. She found the cheapest option and set up an appointment, accompanied me herself. She also informed me that if anything like this happens in the future and I'm capable of calling her (e.g. stupid phone isn't locked in there with the keys) for me to do so. Because I shouldn't be sleeping on the streets.

I decided against telling her about the time in Philly. No sense in giving her the impression I am a scatter-brained moron.

She will catch on soon enough. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment