Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There Is Nothing More Awkward...

...Than accidentally "poking" someone on Facebook. And by someone I mean a cute guy you might be "researching" (by researching, yeah I mean stalking, fine you caught me).

Sorry I'm an aggressive clicker. Now you're telling me there's no way to retract?? Of all the features you can "undo" why isn't this one of them? Yeah, okay fine you asked me if I was "sure" about wanting to commit the most unforgivable of all Facebook abuses, but clearly I am too busy to read those notices.

Oy.

And I don't think sending a follow-up message highlighting that I was just trying to stalk his (super cute) new profile picture but instead accidentally under-clicked on the most ahhhhwkward feature on Facebook makes it any better.

Does it?

P dot S: The runners-up for Most Awkward Facebook Behavior include:

- Accidentally "liking" someone you aren't actually friends with in real life's Facebook statuses, especially if it's something like "Susie McGotFatAfterMarriage is having a horrible day and can't fit into her pants"

- Typing someone's name into your status update instead of the search bar (it's way too easy to do on this on mobile FB applications)

The only reason unintentional (or intentional) poking wins is because dear God what were you thinking when you invented this, Mark Zuckerberg? I haven't yet seen The Social Network, but maybe they show him strung out on drugs or following through with some dare when he comes up with the idea?

P dot S Part II: There's an entire Tumblr devoted to Awkward Facebook. Hello time-waster of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha... sadly, I've committed every one of these sins. I practically invented FB 'researching'. :)

    PS: if you haven't seen failbook.failblog.org, GO NOW. And I apologize for your lack of productivity for the rest of the work day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I don't know why I have never commented on your posts, but I have been blog stalking you for a while now and I laugh out loud every time I read your blog. Love it! We have a mutual friend, Beth Rosellini that told me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anna!! Tell Beth hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol this cracks me up!! i totally accidentally "like" things all the time on my phone...awkward..

    ReplyDelete