Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CGS: A Case Study

It was brought to my attention that a certain someone - who, mind you, has already been mentally tossed into a boiling vat of You Are Dead To Me - has taken my Facebook ban one step further.

He blocked me.

Yes, it is dumb that this is something blog-worthy, but in our age of connectivity reliance, these are the hits that sting the most.

How did it come to this? One week ago he was telling me to "pull the trigger" to buy a ticket to see him while he was on the East Coast for Thanksgiving. Now he believes I'm worthy of an online blackballing?

Well according to our mutual friend S, it's under the umbrella of the Emily-matum. Because when she wasn't satisfied with his initial commitment to her (by unfriending me), she needed that extra step: Hatred solidification.

I mean, I can see why she wouldn't want there to be an online connection, but how was this necessary? Now? Mind you, in the past week, I've made zero effort to contact him so it's not like I'm fanning the flames. (Minus, you know, blogging about the situation. But, duh, don't scorn a girl with a blog! If anything I deserve some credit for my over-sharing constraint. And plus I could be far pettier if I wanted to. You know that.)

Back to the point. This situation has made her crazy. And I mean that in the nicest, I've-totally-been-there kind of way. He screwed her over, and now she needs to punish him see how far he's willing to go to make her happy.

The thing is, though, the reason why it's an interesting case study: I have never seen CGS actually end well.

Acting crazier to make him like you more? Leveraging your personal insecurities and jealousy in your favor?

Between myself, my friends, and - hell - even celebrities (I think we can all agree Jessica Simpson suffers from major CGS), I don't think I've ever witnessed an ending like this.

We're part of history, friends. It's a big day for crazy girls everywhere. CGS: It might just work.

(And yes, if you were thinking it was mildly CGSy of me to even figure out that he blocked me in the first place, you're right, but I'm not afraid to admit my digital sleuthing skills are top notch. And even though he's totally DTM (dead to me), it's only been a week, get off my back. I promise I'll be over it by tomorrow. And on to the next romantic tragedy.)

1 comment:

  1. The saga continues! Isn't it amazing how facebook changed the way we look at relationships :)

    ReplyDelete