Friday, November 19, 2010

Take Out Dating

It's been awhile since I've shared one of my "wise" dating theories (probably because I've been too busy breaking all of my own rules to come up with any new ones). Long distance flings? Check. Thinking a guy wearing board shorts to the gym is cute? Check. Ugh. And the real kicker - I'm now on the same morning commute as a cute guy who I'm pretty sure is straight but I'll never know because he carries a Jack Spade bag! Gahhh.

My you look lovely tonight.
Okay on to the point. So if you don't live in New York, let me educate you: You can literally get anything delivered, food of course being the most popular and easily attainable at all hours of the day or night.

And glorious technology makes it so easy you don't even have to communicate with humans! Seamless Web, for instance, allows you to just tap tap tap on your phone/computer and voila food is delivered straight to your door. Whatever you want, baby, whenever you want it.

People like it quick and easy. And I'm not just talking about dinner. I've started to realize a pattern: If a guy mentions that he only eats takeout, chances are he sees his life as too busy to take the time to cook. If he can't even commit to throwing together a few ingredients, how do you expect him to act in a relationship? If a guy doesn't use (and/or own) real plates, chances are he's not a real person. And If he says he can't even boil water, sheesh. Good luck, you're going to need it, mom.

What's the point of all this? If he's so used to the grab-n-go availability of Peter Pan city life, chances are you might be tossed out with last night's Chinese.

Not always the case, but I'm just sayin', in my experience... Take Out Food = Take Out Dating. No preparation, no commitment, no real shelf life.

(I think the fact that I rarely order food says a lot about my current state of dating tolerance. I prefer to come home and whip up some semblance of a 30 Minute Meal, experimenting with fresh ingredients and *gasp* eating on real plates with real silverware. I am a freak.)

No comments:

Post a Comment