Friday, September 17, 2010

The Blog Finally Pulls Its Weight

I'll be honest, the blog and I have a pretty one-sided relationship. While I'm busy thinking of topics and attempting to be witty, it's just sitting around, not doing much. It feels like I'm always the one putting in the effort.

But finally, the blog did some good, saved me some time, and made my life easier. Thanks, Guide to Menhattan.

Because of my glorious online over-sharing, I didn't have to have an awkward 'talk' about ending things with someone I'd been seeing. But let's be honest, I'm lazy. Would I have even bothered to have a "While you are tall, attractive, live in a close proximity to my apartment, and have HBO, I really don't see this going anywhere mostly because we have nothing in common" conversation? Doubtful. (Side note: in a week when that new HBO Boardwalk Empire show starts I might regret this decision. The only thing better than A.C. is A.C. during Prohibition!)

Anyway, instead of resolutely ending things, I most likely would have let it painfully drag out. You know, like a mouse writhing around on a sticky mouse trap? Quite a visual, eh? Instead of painful squeaks I would have been haunted by the incessant follow up texting. You continue to ignore it, but it won't stop. Ugh that's the worst.

Luckily, though, at the same time I was realizing that whatever was going on between us was going nowhere, this guy discovered the Guide. I mean, I don't know how he didn't locate it the first minute he friended me - it's pretty loud and clear on my FB profile - but whatevs.

Right as I began the awkward sticky stage of ending things, he stumbled on last week's post about The Scientist.

His last text was "Ouch I guess guy #3 was nicer than me ooo well it was fun haha."

Yeah, pretty much. See how easy that was?! Awesomeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment