Monday, September 6, 2010

Rarer Than Seeing a Zebra Running Through Central Park

Have you ever seen a zebra in Central Park? Me neither. I doubt it’s ever happened. I’ll Google it later, just to double check.

You know what’s almost just as rare? A genuinely nice guy living in New York. I’ll be honest, up until recently, I don’t think I’d have believed it if someone said they had found one.

“Was he was riding a zebra?” I’d probably have asked. So jaded, friends, so jaded.

But I did. Guy #3 from The BFF’s bday to be exact. We shall call him The Scientist because he’s working on his PhD in some sort of biology/ecology-related field. My very own little Bill Nye. Yeah, the furthest thing from a FJO.

He’s so cute, smiley, and sweet. An Adorable Cupcake to be exact.

He’s also a great inside joke texter. The day after I had teased him about his consultation with his “older brother” type roommate about our dates - and how when he went home they would probably draw up a “pro/con” list about me - he sent me this:


I mean, really, is that not the nicest thing ever? So flattered.

Who knows where things will go with us – mostly because at this very millisecond I have zero idea what I’m looking for, which probably means I shouldn’t jump into anything serious with anyone – but he’s quite a catch.

And willing to tolerate a girl with a blog.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhh so cuteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! im pissed i have no one to dance with at nicki's wedding tho haha

    ReplyDelete