Friday, September 11, 2009

Keep Austin Weird

My week-long trip home has been great, lots of time with friends, the fam and JESSSSSEEEEE, our very rugged cocker spaniel. Yes I consumed an entire chocolate cake and an inhumane amount of Salt Lick BBQ, but that was to be expected.

Then things got weird. Never in a million years would I have guessed what randomness was in store, specifically the time the only guy to ever really break my heart (high school crush) confessed he had in fact always liked me. And that he was so stupid and so sorry for everything he had done to hurt me, e.g. the time he surprised me with a personalized cake on my 17th birthday only to start dating some idiot girl the next day. Also weird was when he mentioned that his dad randomly talks about how I'm the girl he would choose to set him up with in an arranged marriage.


WTF. "Once again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY! ..." ... or in this case approximately 8 years ago.

Now headed off to a friend's wedding. I feel so old. But also like I'm a freshman in high school all over again? Because life wasn't confusing enough before. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment