Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Had About a Million Dates in Austin

As in the dried fruit.

Approximately 48 oz. to be exact. Oh, Costco, how I miss your giant, family-sized, economically considerate offerings! Anyway, inspired by one of the best tapas I've ever had - from Pipa - I suggested to my mom that we attempt to make a few bacon-wrapped, almond-stuffed dates for a ladies party she was throwing. Luncheoning & shopping, yeah it was a tough life to adjust to for a week... Anyway, the dates turned out to be perrrfect.

The "recipe"

Ingredients:

- A bunch of pitted dates, however many you are willing to allow your fat ass to eat in one sitting because, let's be honest, they won't last long once they're covered in bacon

- Bacon

- Almonds

Directions:

- Stuff almonds in dates
- Wrap each date with enough bacon to cover so it won't fall off
- Insert toothpick to help it stay together (and to make easy to eat)
- Bake at 300 degrees or so for about 30 minutes (cook on foil covering a baking sheet for easy clean up)

Voila.

Bon appétit!!


In other news, I'm thinking about being Julia Child for Halloween (slutty version, obv), if for no other reason than to continue using that hilarious Meryl Streep voice.

Note: See, Mom, I'm capable of writing about other things besides "sex"!

1 comment:

  1. Brill. I would probably eat just about anything (within reason) once covered in bacon. Shrimp & jalapeno being my fave.

    Also, did any of the Skeecret ladies tell you about our costume idea? Stepford Wives. Props = baked goods to hand out to cute boys. I see a nice theme developing here ......

    ReplyDelete