Monday, February 6, 2012

So Far So Good

I arrived in Denver on Saturday afternoon, and since then it's been non-stop fun. I mean, there were a few hours when I was asleep that I can't totally vouch for, but I'm pretty sure they were great too.

For starters, I realized I haven't seen Shawn since this time last year when we went to Breckenridge. Ya'll, that's cray! Secondly, her apartment is amazing with a giant kitchen and a view of a (currently) snow-covered park. It is the kind of adult apartment I aspire to have for myself one day, but for now I'm happy (and lucky) just to inhabit the couch.

My two new pals. My snow-covered BFF is in the background.
He's an Old English Sheepdog/Golden Retriever mix.
Giant, hypo-allergenic perfection.
I had also heard what fun friends she's made in the last year or so and now I can vouch for it.: Fun people indeed!

Even better, one of the guys lives directly upstairs and - please let an adequate amount of anticipation build up - has the greatest dog I've ever met.

We are already best friends.

I know what you're thinking. "Rachel, why do you always have to rush into relationships? Can't you just take it slow?" No, you know that's not my style, and anyway this dog is the best.

His Super Bowl behavior was way better than mine (my brain instructions =  see food, put in mouth), but hopefully I can learn from his self-control. That's how the best relationships are, you know, teaching one another stuff.

(Side note: We - meaning Shawn and I, not the dog - made some Pinterest recipes like Crescent roll French dip sandwiches, fruity pebble & dark chocolate rice krispies, and Chuy's creamy jalepeno ranch dip. Yuh-uhm.)

Anyway, after having a mini personal intervention involving some rice krispy leftovers this morning, today I've tried to make myself useful around the house and getting stuff organized. (Plus a Target trip, which just solidified my happiness with being here; I'm a simple girl.)

I don't want to jinx myself, but I seem to be doing a pretty great job acclimating to the life of a Stay at Home Person. Who would have guessed it??

1 comment: