Friday, February 10, 2012

Eat, Pray, Ski: A Rotating Emphasis

You might have noticed my updated masthead dedicated to my time in Colorado.

(Note: The runner-up title for this sabbatical was "Guide to Menver" but considering dating has taken a back seat to "losing weight" and "writing" I figured this was a good source of inspiration. Finger snaps to my mom for coining it.)

Unfortunately much like in Eat, Pray, Love, eating has taken the early lead for my numero uno activity. Pray (yoga) is gaining momentum thanks to the Groupon Shawn alerted me to at the best studio ever. And skiing will hopefully enter into the rotation this weekend.

But the eating part, man, do I need to get that under control.

It is no secret I love food. It is no secret I have a problem with food. And as you can imagine, hanging out all day within such close vicinity to the fridge and pantry is not doing me any favors. Those leftover Fruity Pebbles are not going to eat themselves!

Seriously though, I'm trying. As a newbie to the Stay at Home Person (SAHP) lifestyle, I know I need to set some limits and make a real commitment to change.

I decided to start by filling out the questionnaire included in Bethenny Frankel's book Naturally Thin. Effort comes in all shapes and sizes! 



As you can see, this doesn't exactly crack the code to fixing my eating habits (besides maybe offering the blanket suggestion Seek Professional Help Immediately), but luckily I have good influences on my side to help me work on things.

Shawn's new snacking self-control is impressive and inspiring. And, bonus, next weekend Lauren comes to visit - she is my SAHP and weight loss inspiration! (And wedding planning inspiration - she was on Style Me Pretty!!)

Here's to self-control by association!

P dot S: Masthead graphics taken from the Erin Jang 2011 calendar that used to be on my wall.

2 comments:

  1. Guide to Menver would have been AWESOME!

    And I literally laughed out loud when I read your answer about doing well w/ eating when you're asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your blog awhile back as I moved to NYC from Denver and loved your old posts about this crazy city. So funny that you have now landed in Denver! Some things that you have to do from a girl living your reverse life:
    Try a free class at Vital Yoga. Favorite instructor is Scott. Get there.
    Go to breakfast at the Wooden Spoon Cafe in the highlands and then go to lunch at Masterpiece Deli.
    Hit on men at the Candlelight bar while playing shuffleboard.

    Good luck in my old city!

    ReplyDelete