Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Important Guide To Charisma: Baby And Puppy Edition

What makes some babies cuter than other wee ones? What makes some dogs more adorable than their pup peers? What makes some coral nail polish hues more desirable than those that look practically the same?

Charisma.

Okay, well maybe not the third one (unless you count a clever name as Nail Polish Charisma because it does matter), but for the other two, it's totally true.

Think about it. Babies are generally kind of similar. Yeah, sure different colors and what not, but they're roughly the same size. They all have soft heads, making them inherently cute. And, for the most part, they're basically working within the same wheelhouse in terms of entertainment skills.

Yet some just radiate a certain je ne sais quoi.

Let's take celebrity tot Louis Bullock, for instance. Please note how this adorable adopted son of my close friend Sandra, has more Baby Charisma than most.



As you can see, Baby Louis has flavored his Baby Charisma with a dash of unexpected seriousness. That side eye look? Those adorable, miniature-sized adult outfits and hats? I mean, please, stop, I just can't handle it!

Before I move on to our four-legged friends, if you are interested in the ultimate in Baby Charisma, I highly suggest you check out Suri's Burn Book, the fake Tumblr from the perspective of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's spawn precocious kid. (I think I love it because it reminds me a little of a modern day Eloise, one of my favorite books of all time.)

Anyway, the importance of charisma is the same for dogs as it is babies, maybe even more important. Sure, like babies, all puppies are basically adorable. This is because they are miniature and wrinkly and smell good. But when they grow, not all dogs are created equal. Some just come off so boring and terrible, right? I'm looking at you, Long Haired Afghan.  

This is where it is important for a dog to have a good personality. My brother and his wife have two adopted dogs. One, they think, is a Whippet and a German Shepherd mix. Omg I know (and he had to be shaved at first, it was a disaster). But it's not all about looks, people. This dog has charisma, and thus I like him.

Of course I can assuredly say that no dog has as much charisma as my family dog Jesse. Jesse, a very rugged Cocker Spaniel, is sadly getting up there in age, but he is still full of spunk.

Here he is trying to get fresh with me. 

Anyway, hopefully this assessment of the importance of charisma has been educational. Please feel free to incorporate the phrases Baby Charisma and Dog Charisma into every day conversation as you see fit. Actually, I encourage it. Then tell me about it and make my day. Think about how good you'll feel!

[And if you think this post is just an excuse for me to write about/google pictures of puppies and babies then you are right. Please humor me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment