Thursday, May 17, 2012

Puppy Fever

Sometimes it is hard to be happy for even your very best friends. Last week was one of those trying times for me when Meredith sent me an email, "Free lab puppies, should I get one?" I think we both knew the answer to that question before she drove to the house.

A few hours later, she was a (dog) mama.

Considering I've been whining (and pranking) about obtaining my own puppy to smother with my love for years, watching someone else get one before me was hard. But then again, so is checking Facebook. "So and So got married." "She's having a baby." "They bought a house."

I guess you just have to come to terms with the fact that everyone's life moves forward at different paces. And clearly it is not the time for me to take on the responsibility of a puppy (according to my parents slash roommates.) In the mean time, Aunt Rachel will snuggle the crap out of this little angel (not literally, hopefully).

Guys, meet Liza. Could she be any cuter?

Please note these were taken at night when she was exhausted...until after a nap and then she was all "Playtime!" and we were all "Bedtime!" It's kind of like hanging out with my dad who falls asleep in his chair periodically between 7pm - 9pm and then wants to talk and talk and talk when you're trying to escape upstairs. Except you don't have to yell at him not to eat the rug.


Ohmygod I want one so bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment