Friday, April 13, 2012

The One Time It's Too Bad I Don't Have A Reality Show

Spiros arrives tomorrow. I haven't brought a guy home to meet my parents in, like, eight years. Also, it's my mom's birthday, and all the extended family that's in Austin (two sets of aunts and uncles, two cousins, and one Dolo) will be around. Oh, and it's supposed to rain.

Some words to describe my family: Funny, talkative, eclectic, intelligent, unique, loud, weird, insightful, loud, and fun. Spiros will finally get a life size picture of why I am the way I am. He will get how it's totally normal to tell a story for like two hours that has no real purpose. Finally he'll see where I developed into the bossy but sensitive, special creature that I am to this day.

So it should be interesting!

Also, after spending a few days in Austin, he and I will be heading out to California for a week. I've scheduled some blog posts between now and then, so feel free to check back in, but the full Meet the Parents recap will be delayed.

Here's to a good, totally unawkward weekend! (Yeah right, who am I kidding? Plus what's the fun in that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment