Thursday, April 12, 2012

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, She's Going To Want To Redecorate

Do you remember the children's book If You Give a Mouse a CookieIf you give him a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk. He'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache, and then he'll ask for a pair of scissors to give himself a trim.... Blah blah blah, basically the point is that one little decision ultimately spawns a series of events, and then you're like "Why even bother?"

Otherwise known as how my family operates. Like, "Oh, should we do X, but first we'd have to do Y. And then Z. Don't forget about 123. Let's just stop now while we're ahead." It drives me crazy.

But I've been using the upcoming Spiros visit to crack the whip and see what can get done from the all mighty "List." (You know how I am about deadlines!)

One very easy item, I thought, would be to get new shower curtain rings for my bathroom because the hooks that have been on there forever fall off every single time I take a shower, and it is the most annoying thing ever (in the book of First World Problems).

And so my mom and I went off to Target in search of a simple solution. It should be noted that my mom and I are mutual Target enablers, and sending us there together is like sending recent gastric bypass patients to an All You Can Eat buffet to test their will power: It's not going to end well.

After we found some suitable rings, we looked down the aisle toward the shower curtains. "Should we get a new shower curtain too?" "Yes!"

But then after we chose what I'm convinced is the most beautiful shower curtain I've ever seen, it didn't really go with our old towels. "Should we get new towels?" "Yes!"

But then those fresh towels would make the worn bathmats look even more downtrodden. "Should we get new bathmats?" "Yes!"

And before we knew it, the whole bathroom was made over.

Y'all, sometimes it pays to be a bossy rodent.


  
 

2 comments:

  1. According to our blogs, we had similar days. I also bought a jewelry box at TJ Maxx because my new dresser NEEDED it.

    ReplyDelete