Monday, April 16, 2012

Dates With My Momma


Today is my mom's birthday! My mom is one of my favorite people in the world, and I've loved being able to spend so much time with her lately. (Although she did say and I quote, "I really miss our gchat relationship! It was so fun "talking with you every day." Um, so you're saying you prefer not seeing me all the time, THANKS!?!) 

But one good thing about being here in person is getting to go on fun mommy/daughter dates like our impromptu stop at Sandy's, one of those Austin originals that's been around since the dawn of time, for the Saturday hamburger special. If you're in the market for a burger, fries and soda for $3.85, this is your spot. 

For her birthday I'm treating us to lunch downtown at the W's restaurant Trace (high roller Groupon spender, over here) and later we're going to dinner at my aunt's house. Knowing her, she'll probably insist we end the night dancing on bars because that's how she rolls. (For Spiros' sake I hope this isn't the case.)

I'm pretty sure she is texting at the counter. Typical ;-)


Happy birthday, mom! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment