Monday, April 30, 2012

I Am Alive, Barely

In the past two weeks, I've:

1) Had my international Greek boyfriend come to Texas to meet my family and friends. Everyone got along great. Spiros now loves Austin and breakfast tacos as well as Dolo's "Dolo" vanity license plates. Also the weather was deceivingly moderate. It was wonderful.

2) Gone to Coachella where I made uncharacteristic comments like "That DJ set was amazing." I mean, let's be honest, don't they all kind of sound the same? Whatever, I guess the Euroness is taking hold. According to Spiros, his review of the music festival will be "we went to the toilets a lot." Sorry some of us like to stay hydrated and have a bladder that refuses to run at full capacity.

3) Drove up the Pacific Coast Highway in a bright yellow convertible with the sweetest guy on earth. It was perfect. Lots of beautiful pictures to share later. Also I managed to see whales, dolphins, and a beach full of elephant sea lions. It was even better than seeing Snoop (or who Spiros refers to only in full name: Snoop Doggy Dog).

4) Got really sick and made everyone on the plane from San Francisco to New York disgusted by my Kleenex usage. Also felt like death at the most perfect hotel on the planet. It was a nautical lover's wet dream. Ha ha wet. Anyway, snot is the oysters of anti-aphrodisiacs.

5) Made it to Canada and back with some of my favorite ladies on the planet and no one got arrested. It was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. And I learned that in Montreal, a corn dog is called a "pogo." I'm so global it hurts.

6) Ruined aforementioned perfect bachelorette weekend with a Wendy's Baconater hamburger that underwhelmed on all accounts. If I could take it back I would. Especially since I had Chipotle for dinner later. It capped off a glorious two weeks of vacation eating mayhem. It's not been pretty.

7) Woke up. I am not totally recovered. More on everything - and pictures! - later.

No comments:

Post a Comment