Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolutions That I've Stuck With For A Whole Week

First of all, New Year's Resolutions are total crap. Second, I totally love making them. But this year I've tried a new thing where I haven't broadcasted them until now in an effort to limit my documented failure.

So now, a little over a week later and going strong, I will share with you my new daily resolutions. Basically, I learned a lot about myself living alone in Berlin, e.g. that if given the opportunity, I will not shave my legs until I have to, and also I'm kind of a slob. I'm a real catch, I know!!!

Let's be honest, things are probably only going to get more slovenly next week when I am no longer going to be a productive member of the professional workplace. Then it will be even more paramount that I get my act together and impose some semblance of structure in my life.

Hopefully the following resolutions will stick until at least February:

1) Stop living like a homeless hoarder. Just because it is easier to let stuff pile up, and even though I totally know where everthing is!, doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior. Hang up clothes, stay organized, and make the bed each morning. (This goal will immediately fall to the wayside if I move home and live with my parents where I will no doubt revert back to High School Rachel, Queen of Disorder and Defiance.)

2) Write everyday. Because really, what better things do I have to do?

3) Do something interesting and/or worthy of being written about every day. (That one is for you, guys, you're welcome.)

4) Physical activity of some kind.

5) Learn to cook new things or really just attempt to use one of the cook books I own, especially the ones I insist on taking with me from NYC.

6) Stop watching TV shows in the small screen version on my tiny net book, which is exactly the size of my iPhone screen, because it is ridiculous.

7) Revert back to consciously eating. (Currently reading Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin book for inspiration.)

I know seven is kind of a random number to end on, but that's all I got. Unless you have some good ones you think I should be doing too. Anyone? Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment