Monday, January 30, 2012

Best Last Weekend

My final few days as a New York resident have been perfect. A crazy blur of people and places, but wonderful nonetheless.

On Friday The BFF returned from her holiday break in Austin to start her second semester of grad school. We ended up at The Standard Biergarten (hooray for being able to translate the German signs!), followed by Bar Pitti for the best Italian ever, and ending things at a party at 49 Grove, the same bar we went out one of the first nights out in New York. Everything continues to come full circle, which makes this change seem more palatable.

Saturday morning was spent celebrating the belated birthday of Ole Miss Mollie with a perfectly girly brunch at Bergdorf Goodman's top-floor restaurant overlooking Central Park followed by drinks at the Plaza. Might as well end things on a high note, right?

Following a costume change or two, The BFF and I arrived later that night at Mollie's to set up my going away party at her great loft. Y'all, the elevator door opens into their apartment, that's a big deal!!! I am so mad at myself for not making an effort to take more pictures (or charge my camera). Oh well.

The BFF and me. I will miss this gurrrrrl.

Ithaca pals. Can't wait to see y'all in April!
Thanks Molls (and roommies) for being such wonderful hosts!!

The party was perfect. My favorite people. Cheese. Vodka and orange soda. Jello shots. False eyelashes that landed me tons of compliments and only a few second fear of partial blindness. Some tears toward the end, mostly of happiness, but that's to be expected right?

Sunday was spent catching up with Ashley at a final Dos Caminos brunch (it used to be the only place I'd ever go! Free marg!), and then dinner with The BFF, her BF, and his roommate BK (the one who visited me in Berlin) at Traif, a small plates restaurant in Brooklyn that impressed us all.

I am so full - from calories and love - and want to thank everyone who was a part of this weekend. It really was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment