Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Perfect Date

Last night I went on a great date. But, Rach, haven't you learned that blogging about recent dates is a sure fire way to ruin your chances? Oh right, I guess I should mention that it was with girls. Who are fully aware and accepting of the blog. So ha, no repercussions there, suckers.

Anyway, if you want an idea for a fun date, here's what you should do: Go to Brooklyn Bowl. Order fried chicken. But, Rach, don't you live above a really awesome fried chicken establishment? Why wouldn't you just go there?? First of all, Kennedy's is only for late night. Everyone know thats. Second, that Blue Ribbon chicken is unbelievable.

Another key part of Brooklyn Bowl's awesomeoness is the fact it has built-in entertainment. Although I've never actually bowled there (on my new summer bucket list) you can do that or, on certain nights, you can see a great show.

Wednesday night my friends and I saw Robert Randolph and the Family Band, one of my favorite performers. Before I left work, my manager asked if I was a 'groupie.' Maybe is my answer. I was introduced to them at the second Austin City Limits Music Festival, which is about to celebrate its 10th anniversary in September. I've seen them there a few other times, once or twice at Stubbs (greatest place ever; not just saying that because my mom's cousin is a founder), and even up in NYC.

Robert brings it. This does not do him justice.
Although they went on 45 minutes late and this grandma had to go home to bed after the first set, it was a great show. Especially when the singer and bass player from OAR joined as special guests. College, I miss you. While everyone predicted a little Crazy Game of Poker, instead they did two Led Zeppelin covers, one of which was D'yer Mak'er, my #3 fav Zeppelin song. I tell you these things only because I know you care you are my captive audience.

Anyway, great food, great music, and great company. That's all you need for the perfect date. What can I say, I'm a simple girl. 

Oh, btw I totally forgot to tell you who I brushed shoulders with at the reception for the Obie Awards (off-Broadway "Tonys") on Monday. Steve MartinI know, what are the odds! I guess that's what happens when you run in the same social circles.

Like I said, simple girl.

1 comment:

  1. ummmm....everything about this post is pure awesome. (as is the title of your blog!!). love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete