Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Austin Recap

This is so sweet it makes me
want to puke. In a good way. Obv.
The trip home to Austin was fantastic as expected. It had been four months since I was there for Christmas and my brother’s wedding. Between soaking up time with my parents, brothers, sister-in-law, Dolo, college BFFs, and beloved dog Jesse, it went by way too fast. Because you care about every second of it, here's the recap:

Prom photo style.
It is that time of year. 
Friday evening two of my college BFFs Keaton and Ellen came to dinner at my parents’ house followed by my quasi-date with Match Boy (more on that later because I need to stretch out this trip so I have something to write about!). Although I wish I had more time with my friends, I’m excited that Keaton is coming to visit for a long Memorial Day weekend in a few weeks. Ohhh giiiirl, just you wait.

Saturday was a day of perfection: Maudie’s breakfast tacos, walk at Town Lake (top 5 favorite places on earth), Water for Elephants (my first Robert Pattinson movie ever), happy hour on the boat on Lake Austin, dinner with the fam, and the date with Match Dot Mom Guy (hold your horses). 

Sunday the entire fam all went to church and brunch followed by a perfect day on the lake with my friend Mere and her new boyfriend, who I’d never met. Nothing like evaluating the quality of a friend’s beau like a solid three hour stint in captivity with my family! He passed with flying colors. And even though I’m still selfishly sad that Mere no longer lives a bus ride away, I’m so happy she’s happy. 

Sunday night I had more Maudie’s with my aunt and uncle. It’s not a trip to Austin unless I see them! My aunt has been like a second mother to me and always way too generous. During dinner I finally remembered to let her know that she has given me my most prized possession: A (now paint covered) navy J.Crew hoody. It’s the most ridiculously worn article of clothing I own. And when I put the hood up, I feel very Eight Mile, which is good for my sort of sometimes ghetto neighborhood. I'm sure you're lives are enriched knowing this little fact about my life... 

From there we dropped my dad off at home (we slowed down the car enough it didn’t hurt when we pushed him out the door) and darted off to the movies to see Something Borrowed. Because why not, I was on vacation! My favorite part of this movie was New York, particularly when it lingered on a shot of Spring Lounge, a bar I’ve gone to on a regular basis since I moved to Manhattan over three years ago. Not because it's the best place, although they do have a good draft beer selection, but because it’s always full of guys. Shocking.

Monday I had a now-traditional catch-up lunch with my friend Mary since she went home for Mother’s Day, followed by another catch-up lunch with a family friend, her husband, their two-week-old baby and their 165 pound St. Bernard. Tiny babies plus gigantic dogs equals my version of heaven. Seriously. Amazing.

And before I left town, my mommy took me to Target. Because even though I behaved enough like an adult to pack my own suitcase before I left, let's be honest, I'm still not totally a grown up yet.

(And I plan on milking it for all it's worth.)

Oh, because I don't think this post has reached its dog photo quota yet, here's one more for good measure:

This is his stoic face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment