Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to the Best Realtor in Austin

[Ed. note: This post was paid for with 25 years of tolerating me.]

Greetings from my bed in Austin! I'm currently suffering from a massive Magnolia Cafe food hangover (wait, why was Mag Mud and a gingerbread pancake necessary at midnight last night?). Before I spend the day on the lake - I know, be jealous! - I just wanted to give a Mother's Day shout out to my mom and grandma. After I came very close to missing my flight because I'm a moron who sucks at traveling, we have had a great weekend of having fun, what we do best.

And speaking of the best, I wanted anyone in the Austin area - or anyone considering moving to Austin - to know that my mom is an awesome realtor (who will also become your best friend). She'll do whatever it takes to find your dream home or sell your current property. Seriously, I'll call her and she'll be like, "Oh I'm just doing some gardening at this home so it looks better." Talk about dedication.

She just switched to a new company Realty Austin, and we had "take your daughter to work" day on Friday. The company is great; not only do they understand technology, they actually use it in a way that makes sense to me. (Since joining, my mother has transformed into a technology snob, which I find hilarious. Yes, mom, I know what SEO is...)

My grandma on the other hand, while incredibly 'with it' for an 80 year young lady, thought LOL meant 'lots of love' and wrote it on my cousin's birthday package. (This is the precocious 10 year old cousin who offered me some notes on my reading at my brother's wedding. Do you know what LOL means? Uh, laugh out loud, duh. Oh, well I meant something else.)

Anyway, it's been a fantastic trip so far and I'm so glad I could spend time with them both.

LOL,
Rachel

P dot S: Not to be outdone by Match.com, Ol' Match dot Mom fixed me up with a random guy she met through work last week. Obviously I'm not joking. More details to come later...the suspense must be killing you.

1 comment:

  1. Gingerbread pancakes! Yum!

    Can't wait to hear about the date!

    ReplyDelete