Friday, October 29, 2010

Match.Mom Update

I was pretty excited when I found this website.
Turns out it's only for custom cake-toppers...
My mom hasn't mentioned any potential suitors for me lately, so I was a little worried my new master plan of arranged marriage might be falling through. Because I am pretty sure I might be incapable of meeting anyone on my own. At least in my current city. Since I have a tendency to outsource my romantic attention. Ugh.

Luckily, though, during a morning gchat convo (hooray slow days at work), she mentioned she'd found me a pretty good FH candidate. (FH = Future Husband if you're new to the game. My mom has adopted my inane, abbreviated blog lingo, which is much appreciated.)

Anyway, she sent me a link to his professional website, which includes a picture because he works in real estate. I've never really understood why realtors show off their pictures, but I kind of like it (shocking). I would consider sharing the link here just because it might make this story better, but he's actually incredibly photogenic and I don't want any of you Austinites trying to steal him! (In my selfish defense, we're only approaching the holidays - and Halloween isn't known as a time you're supposed to share with others - so my actions are justified.)

Things I know about him: He's 30, single, and moved to Austin three years ago.

Her description of him included that "he's smooth as silk," which I have no idea what that actually means, but I assume it's something about his work style. HOPEFULLY she didn't mean literally silky smooth, because in the case of full-body waxing, no thank you I'm not interested.

Of course it's extremely doubtful anything will come from this, but always good to Match.Mom is still hard at work.

P dot S: My mom is coming to visit next weekend!!! She hasn't been here in over a year, so I'm so excited for her to see our apartment, etc., you know, if it hasn't burned down yet. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!!Rach, u shud totally visit Seattle, so much guy over here that it is a total sausage fest

    ReplyDelete